Monday, October 15, 2012

TEA WITH FRIENDS

Impromptu Tea with Girlfriends
Tea is wonderful. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love coffee! I can’t live without it. It is my morning ritual. I seem to need my coffee buzz to make it through the hectic-morning-get-everybody-out-the-door routine. But then, after that, a mellow, warm cup of tea can really hit the spot. I get together with a few of my girlfriends a couple times a month over tea. We drop off the kids at school and meet at one of our houses where we talk, laugh, cry, vent, encourage, pray, and just sit and sip together. With our hectic lives, these times are often quite impromptu. Sometimes it’s a text sent out the day before “come for tea tomorrow?” Other times there is actually a little planning and prep, but always simple and easy. There is the freedom to serve tea in mugs, sitting on the couch, barefoot, or in your grandmother’s china, at the table, if you feel like it. It’s really just about connecting.  This is not afternoon tea with its dainty sandwiches and bite size delicacies. This is a last minute, mid-morning get together. At my house, I usually have a few staples, like a variety of teas both herbal and caffeinated. I always have on hand cheese, nuts, dark chocolate, and fruit. Sometimes I get a wild hair and actually bake something, but it is never expected, which is a relief.
So I encourage you to invite your girlfriends over (the ones who won’t judge you because the morning dishes are still in the sink) and whip up that scone mix in the cupboard if you have time...if not, heat the kettle and pull out the cups (and that dark chocolate that you have been hiding). You’ll be glad you did. Sip and savor. 
Tea Time




No comments:

Post a Comment