Wednesday, October 17, 2012

RECIPE: Bruna Brod


October 17, 2012


Happy teatime memories

Tea time with Swedish Bruna Brod cookies

A favorite cookie of mine with tea, is the Swedish Bruna Brod butter cookie my grandmother always made. I became very fond of tea in college when I took a month long trip to England with my grandmother. I love the pause of afternoon tea. I have wonderful memories of sitting at my her kitchen table, talking, drinking tea, and eating her almond flavored, buttery Bruna Brod cookies. She seemed to always have them on hand. Warm memories.

BRUNA BROD        
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg yolk
1 TBS molasses
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 1/2 cups flour

Beat butter and sugar; continue beating and add egg, corn syrup, almond extract and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and mix with other ingredients, a little at a time. Divide dough into 7 parts. Form each part into a long, log roll. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Leave adequate room between rolls as the dough will flatten out. Bake at 350 preheated oven, for 14-16 minutes (if you are not using parchment, start with 12 minutes and check). Cool 3 minutes, then while still warm, cut into diagonal strips and remove from pans.

My Little Kitchen Helper!


No comments:

Post a Comment