Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3/5/13 Cucumber Salad


RECIPE: Cool Cucumber Salad

My friend Connie is a wonderful cook. She is also generous with sharing her recipes...no secrets. I like that. As part of my wedding gift almost 15 years ago, she hand wrote an entire box of her favorite recipes for me; the gift that keeps on going. She recently shared with me this fantastic cucumber salad. I hope you will enjoy it too.

Cucumber Salad

Cucumber Salad
1 large English cucumber, or several smaller ones (shown above are the small, sweet and crunchy, Persian cucumbers), chopped 
Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt
Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
Combine:
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tsp vinegar
2 TBS snipped chives
1-2 drops of hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp dried dill
dash of pepper
Pour over cucumbers. Chill 30 minutes.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment