Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3/5/13 Body Salt Scrub Cubes


SIMPLY CREATIVE: Body Salt Scrub Cubes with Coconut Oil
Individual size salt scrub cubes with coconut oil

As I am sure you have been hearing, coconut oil is all the rage. I am a fan. I have been experimenting with making a body salt scrub for the shower. I started by haphazardly mixing together some warm coconut oil with salt and using it in the shower as an exfoliant and moisturizer. I was surprised at how much I liked it. The coconut oil then solidified, leaving me with a bowl full of the hardened mixture... but this gave me an idea. If I made up a batch and put it in an ice cube tray, I would have individual size portions ready for the bath/shower. One idea led to another, and before I knew it, these cute heart shaped salt scrub cubes were born. Did I mention that this is ridiculously easy? Keep it as simple as 2 ingredients in an ice tray, or go the extra step to add color and herbs. Either way, you will love these, I promise!

1 part coconut oil, liquified, barely warm
2 parts salt (I used plain table salt...but other salts or sugar could be used too)
(not too crumbly, not too soupy)


Optional: 
drop of food coloring
crushed herbs
(I used a drop of purple and finely chopped fresh lavender)



Spoon your mixture into an ice cube tray. (I picked up the heart shaped ice tray at IKEA a while back, but a regular tray works fine). Allow oil to solidify in the refrigerator for a few minutes, then remove from the tray and keep in a jar. The oil will remain solid as long as it is kept in a cool spot. 
Fun gift idea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment