Friday, April 19, 2013


I{HEART}ART: Inspiration: ROSES!


"Pale Roses" by Tina C. Wells


This painting looses its punch on the computer screen, as the size is what makes it unusual. It is quite large, 30”x40”. When viewed in person, each rose is about the size of a dinner plate!  

I have roses on the brain this week as I am preparing for my daughter’s third birthday, Mad Hatter Tea Party, “painting the roses red”, etc...more on that next week. As I am planning, prepping, and baking up a storm, I thought I would share with you these fun Rose Cakes... 

RECIPE: Raspberry Lemon Rose Cakes



I borrowed my friend Shannon’s wonderful rose cake muffin tin. I used a recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor and then added a little food coloring and raspberries. I topped it with a lemon glaze. These turned out so very cute as individual roses, but this recipe would work well in a bundt pan with the glaze drizzled over the top.

Raspberry Lemon Cake

The KEY to using cake molds is covering every inch and crevice of the pan with Crisco shortening (using a brush) and then coating with Wondra flour (knock out excess). It works like magic, and the form will turn out perfectly!



Ingredients
1 pkg plain white cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Add a few drops of red food coloring until you get the color you want
Fold in 1 cup frozen raspberries defrosted, letting juice swirl through batter.



Mix all ingredients together (except raspberries) and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in berries. Prepare bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven. Allow to cool and then release from pan. Drizzle with lemon glaze.

For lemon glaze, mix equal(ish) parts melted butter, lemon juice, powdered sugar. Adjust to taste

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous painting! The cakes turned out beautiful. I am sure they are as delicious as they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete