Tuesday, February 12, 2013


I{HEART}ART: Inspiration: Valentine
This piece was born out of experimentation and whim. It is layered with images that make me smile, and ended up looking like a big homemade valentine...the best kind.
"My Favorite Valentines" mixed media on canvas by Tina C. Wells

SIMPLY CREATIVE: Valentine’s Day Celebration

I grew up in a home where we always celebrated Valentine’s day as a family. Both my parents always had a small gift and cards for us, as well as decorations and a special dinner. Our family still gets together for Valentine’s day. We gather together for a great meal; small gifts are exchanged, often something homemade. This year, the kids and I will be decorating valentine cards, and making heart-shaped pizzas as part of our celebration.

Sweet homemade valentines incorporating photos,  kids art, handprints, etc.

I like to display past valentines on  branches, attached with wooden clothes pins

Valentine Pizza with goat cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes

Pizza tips:
I haven't found the directions on the back of raw pizza dough (trader joe's) to work very well, so here is how I have made it and had it turn out well (thanks to some guidance from my friend Laurel).

Preheat oven to 450. Roll out the dough with a little flour. Stretch and shape the dough into a heart shape (or just round). Place on a greased cookie sheet. Poke multiple times with a fork (like pie crust). Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil; add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Bake 5 more minutes. ENJOY!

Having fun with pizza dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment