Wednesday, May 15, 2013


I{HEART}ART: Inspiration: In the Garden
"Garden Roses" By Tina C. Wells, acrylic on canvas

For me, painting is often a solitary endeavor. I’m an introvert by nature, and my time painting is usually a wonderful escape for me. I can think, and dream. I pour out some creativity, and in turn, I magically get filled up. This is true most of the time. But sometimes, I am fortunate enough to spend time painting with a friend, which fills me up in a different way. One lovely afternoon, my friend Gracie and I set up our paints outside, picked some roses from my garden and placed them in an old silver pitcher, and painted. We laughed and talked and played with our paints. It was a wonderful change for me.  Less focus, less pressure, more freedom. I look at this painting and it makes me smile at the memory.



SIMPLY CREATIVE: Fragrant Herb Bundle


This week I was visiting a friend who I hadn't seen in quite a while, and wanted to bring her a little something. I clipped some herbs from my garden and tied them together, along with a rose bud and a tag that gave a use for each herb. Clipped herbs stay fresh in a vase, or wrapped in a damp paper towel in the refrigerator, or hang them to dry. Enjoy!



MY FRIEND, THE WREN...


Little Genevieve tries to sneak a peek at the baby wrens
When I was a little girl, my grandfather made this adorable, hand-carved bird house for me. It used to hang outside my window growing up, and now hangs in my backyard. Through the years, many little birds have made their nests and had their babies there. This year, none other than a wren (this variety is called a Bewick's Wren) took up residence and had a nest full of babies! What a winsome cottage my old bird house made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment